Wednesday, December 5, 2012

November

What it looks like here in November


November is my favorite month I love the fall colors and the holiday spirit
In Hawaii you don't see the fall colors but you can feel the holiday spirit :)
This November has been exciting, I found out my Best friend Is prego I can't wait I am so excited for her!!! 
 Scottie and I and some of our friends we went to the midnight showing Of James Bond. I don't know if it was long enough (Sarcasm). It was my first James bond movie and I loved it!! Some new Buys this month Scottie got a new Putter so he says he will never three putt with this new putter ;) . . .  I bought a surf board finally I love it I went surfing last week and I can surf its pretty fun but a lot of work to paddle out to the waves. .  . Scott and I went to our favorite restaurant in Haleiwa and we saw Jack Johnson and his family. We were just sitting at our table and I see these adorable surfer kids walk by and this his wife who is so pretty and then him. He talked to us for a bit and shook our hands and was super nice to us. I love all of his song and I am a super big fan. . . I was smiling ear to ear on my way home for dinner "star struck"!


Jack Johnson lives in Hawaii

got a photo yay!


Okay so you have to make these cookies they are amazing!! 


Brown Sugar Oatmeal Coconut Chewies
1 cup butter, slightly softened
1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cup shredded coconut

1.) Preheat oven to 350°. Cream together butter and sugars, until they are well-combined.
2.) Add one egg and mix until it’s fully incorporated. Then add the second egg, and the vanilla, and mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
3.) Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the wet mixture. Mix until well-distributed.
4.) Add about 1/2 your flour, and mix until the flour is JUST incorporated. Scrape down the sides of your bowl, and then add the second half of your flour, mixing until just incorporated. You don’t want to overmix here, or you’ll end up with tough cookies.
5.) Add oats and coconut, mixing until they’re (say it with me) JUST incorporated.
6.) Roll dough into balls, or use a cookie scoop to evenly portion out the dough (I have no idea what size the cookie scoop is that I use, in terms of ounces or tablespoons or anything – but it’s about 1.25″ across, and makes a cookie that’s about 2.5″ across). If you are rolling the dough by hand, you’ll want a ball that is a little over an inch in diameter, and this should give you about 6 dozen cookies.
7.) Place the dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat liner, leaving about 2″ between each cookie. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are veeeery lightly brown, but the center is still light in color and puffy. This will result in a very moist, very chewy cookie.
8.) Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then move them to a cooling rack. Once they’re fully cooled, they can be stored in a ziploc bag or airtight container for up to a week.
They melt in your mouth these are my top favorite cookie


I love exploring the island
Koko Head hike was exhausting but it was worth it! Stairs for days



Sunset at sharks cove


Took this picture on a beautiful Sunday. My favorite beach 

Surf Comp! Gotta love em! Its november let the comps begin. During this time is when the waves get huge! 

I am Happy right where I'm at in life!






KoKo Head what a fun hike!






Grateful for these Girls!


I am grateful Scott served a Mission




Grateful For my Wonderful Family
Grateful for my mom taking me to NYC



Grateful for my Sisters! "Mama's Fish House"









Mama's Fish House Thanksgiving dinner

Melting Pot In Maui
I love dolphins they were swimming right next to our boat it was unreal

Boat ride 
view from plane 
Add caption
Kass and I 
grateful for this boy who takes me around the worl





Eddie and meeting tons of pro surfers


Scott went to the Maui Invitational













1 comment: